Thank you for considering making a donation to Bromley Green Party.  Every donation, no matter how big or small, makes a difference.

All donations are managed and controlled by Bromley Green Party, and not by individual election candidates.

There are a range of ways in which you can make your donation, but please read the Rules and implications section below so that you understand the rules and implications of making a donation to a political party:


Debit or credit card 

Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express card payments can be made via PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account.

Donate by debit or credit card



You can donate using your PayPal account, if you have one.

Donate by PayPal 


Monthly donations

You can set up a monthly donation via PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account.

Set up a monthly donation


Frequently Asked Questions 


Where does the money go? 

We need funds in order to continue our work, and all donations are gratefully received.

Funds are used to pay for election expenses and publicity materials, with a very small amount used for day-to-day administration. Examples of our costs may include a £500 deposit to stand a candidate in a General Election and £200 to print 5,000 flyers.


Why do we need donations from ordinary people?  

The Green Party doesn't have billionaire donors with hidden agenda, we don't take money from big businesses and we're not in the pockets of media barons. This allows us to be accountable to ordinary people, including our members who create and decide our policies.


I can't make a donation.  Are there other ways to contribute? 

Don't worry! There are other ways you can support the Green Party.


Rules and implications 

Donations of more than £50

Donations of over £50 can only come from a source permitted by the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (PPERA), and must be recorded by us:

  • An individual registered on a UK electoral register, including overseas electors and those leaving bequests.
  • A UK-registered company which is incorporated within the European Union (EU) and carries on business in the UK.
  • A Great Britain registered political party.
  • A UK-registered trade union.
  • A UK-registered building society.
  • A UK-registered limited liability partnership (LLP) that carries on business in the UK.
  • A UK-registered friendly society.
  • A UK-based unincorporated association that is based in and carries on business or other activities in the UK.

Once we receive a donation, we must use the details provided by the donor to check that it is from a permitted source, as shown in the list above (taken from the Electoral Commission's Permissability Checks for Political Parties guidance, page 4). The donation must be recorded by us. If the donation is not from a permitted source, it must be returned and reported to the Electoral Commission.

Please contact us beforehand if you're unsure whether your donation would be permissable.


Donations of more than £1,500 in a calendar year 

Donations from a single source, which total over £1,500 in a calendar year, relevant details must be reported to the Electoral Commission. Relevant details include the name and address of the individual making the donation, or similar details of non-individuals from the list above. The donor's name and amount donated would then be publicly available on the Electoral Commission website.